Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lost From Birth

I know there are those of you out there who most likely feel the same way I do. Alone, empty. Not knowing who you are or where you came from. I have no idea where I go past my Daddy Jack (grandpa) on my daddy's side other than the fact that his mother was a full blood Cherokee Indian. I was also told that she most likely came down the Cherokee Strip. Dear God how I would like to know. I have no idea where my Nanny came from other than she was a little French. I don't know where I go past my birth mother, Patricia. She was adopted and you know that she abandoned me when I was a baby. I have tried to trace my Daddy's Jack's side, but he never registered on the "indian roll" because he was so ashamed of his heritage. Back in his day American Indian's were not respected at all, and was looked down on and spit at. So he tried to stay away from it even though his looks were that of an Indian Chief.
I don't know what to do other than just accept the way things are and be happy and proud that I can at least know who my one set of grandparents were. I just would like to know if maybe I might be an Indian Princess, or maybe have come from a line of very intelligent women on my Nanny's side. *Shrugs*. I almost feel like I'm whining now. Just a little snipit of how I am feeling. I love you.

1 comment: